One Aging Geek

Monday, March 01, 2004

projectified: It's Not REALLY Project related but it's still Cool

projectified: It's Not REALLY Project related but it's still Cool:

I saw it this morning reading Marc's Outlook Blog and had it installed pretty quick. I live in Outlook and have always hated the search speed. This tool is squarely within beta-land but it is still damn cool! I have about 20000 emails in my various folders and then about 5000 RSS feed messages since I use NewsGator. After I built the index which took about 10 minutes or maybe a little less, I searched for a pretty common string in my folders: 'Project Server'. It returned the top 500 results, out of 3000 total) in just under .5 seconds. (Yes that is just under HALF a second!!!) It also supports Google-like search parameters so you can include and exclude folders, senders, dates, subjects, etc, etc.