One Aging Geek

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Tools

I'm an operating-system-agnostic kinda guy. I'd own a Mac if someone else paid for it. One of those big freakin' 17-inch PowerBooks.

But being on too tight a budget to buy one of my own and being employed by a company that doesn't do anything with Macs, I own a Windows machine of my own and have Windows and Linux machines for work.

So that brackets my choice of blogging tools.

I'm fond of free stuff. You could guess that since my blog lives on Blog*Spot and uses pretty much a stock Blogger template. I post using either w.bloggar or BlogThis. BlogThis is launched from either the Google Toolbar in IE or via the BlogThis extension of Firefox

I read blogs via SharpReader. Miles pointed me at RssReader but I didn't like the way it kept everything from a given feed seperate from other feeds. I like to group feeds and then sort by date. Seems to let me skim thru duplicates and such more quickly.