One Aging Geek

Friday, November 18, 2005

Global Frequency (TV pilot)

A TV version of the "graphic novel" (gee, when I was a kid we called them comic books) Global Frequency was mentioned on bOINGbOING a few months ago. I managed to find an ... ahem ... download. Then it sat on my hard drive for a months unwatched. From what I recall this is a pilot but the series hasn't been picked up.

I'm not a comic reader so had never read the "parent" of the TV show so I didn't have any particular expectations. I watched it in the hotel room on a recent business trip.

It was well done and a good story. The premise (see the link to the IMDB entry or do your own google) is perfect for a TV show. A couple of continuing characters who will show up anywhere in the world.

If this ever does get picked up and more episodes get made, I'd watch it.