One Aging Geek

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thumbs down to Voice of Free Planet X podcast

I got a recommendation to The Voice of Free Planet X podcast from ... somewhere.

So I pulled down the first few episodes. I listened to the first two episodes. Well, the first and most of the second actually. Hit fast forward before the end of the second.

Sorry, Jared, it's a miss for me. The babe in the Axelhead t-shirt on the front page is very ... um ... eye-catching. But the podcast isn't doing it for me.

Three strikes:

  1. Audio quality: horrible, very badly clipped and/or a very poor quality mike
  2. Presentation: yelling isn't an effective way to convey all emotions. Especially with that crappy recording quality
  3. The stories in the first two episodes, which I've already forgotten and I just listened to them in the last couple of days, are either uninteresting or incomprehensible

I guess some may find the podcast edgy, I just find it uninteresting.