One Aging Geek

Friday, April 29, 2005

New tool, same old problems

I've been posting mostly using w.bloggar and mostly directly from SharpReader. But my w.bloggar installation got fubarred just after that the author's website got hacked. And, of course, contrary to my normal practice I hadn't saved the install file. So I had to wait for the site to get rebuilt. So far all it has is a new version of w.bloggar and that new version doesn't coexist with the plugin from SharpReader. In the hunt for a new posting tool and also with some growing annoyance at the lack of updates to SharpReader, I turned up Sauce Reader. It's not a bad reading tool and is only just OK as a posting tool (it has a built-in weblog post tool or can call w.bloggar... but that latter ability is broken). So the new tool is Sauce Reader. The same old problem is horrible mangling of text. Probably due to incorrectly marked content on the Web. Probably due to Microsoft tools lying about charset. Sigh.